I am learning about the importance of internet saftey. After personally reading and learning about many factors of internet saftey, as a class we discused the dangers and precuations of the internet.
As a teacher, student, colleague I must know that the internet can be a very danguores place and that I must be very cautious. We are doing this to educate us on the real life dangers of the internet. This applies to me becasue I could come accross material in the internet that could harm me legally, emotionally or moraly. With technology there come great responsiblity that I must take in count.
This technology means more responsiblity for my future students. They will be educated on what is allowed and not allowed and will be held accontable for not keeping the rules. This new information changes my current schema as it helps me realize of the dangers of the internet such as bullying. As a Spanish teacher, before going to the computer lab I can assign my students to go over the saftey precautions and rules with a classmate. This will help me be a better teacher and colleague as I will be held accountable for doing my part of not allowing miss-use of the internet. As a department we should not be ignorant nor let our students be ignorant and obligate them to go over a internet saftey assignment before have access to the computer lab. Greater Technology = Greater Responsiblity.
No comments:
Post a Comment