Monday, December 6, 2010

Lessons Learned

Ever changing technology is something I never stop to think about until it is brought up. I believe I don't analyze it often because I was a child being educated during the big computer technology boom; thus, I was taught through experience that technology is ever changing in education. From the early 90s to the new millennium, my elementary to high school education evolved drastically from all paper work to all computer work.

Due to the ever-going evolution of technology in education, I must continue to learn and implement new technology in my assignments such as: podcast and videocasts for in class presentations. It is important to remember that not only technology causes instruction and assignments to change, but as well cause the classroom environment and information literacy skills will change.

Now that we have so much technology nowadays, students have more distractions that cause them to not want to learn nor pay attention. Hence, it is vital that we use technology to our advantage and come up with assignments that are motivating, such as: Topics relevant to their own lives and experiences; Opportunities to write creatively; Having an audience for their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment